Wednesday, November 11, 2009

July-August Update

This part of our summer brought visits from Alie and the girls and Kramer. Kyle got to spend a few days in June after he got out of school. I love these one-on-one visits with the grandkids. They get to know us and we get to know them better. I usually am so busy playing with them and keeping them entertained, that I forget to take pictures - but did make some notations of some funny things they would say or do - Abbie bought some ballarina slippers that I had a hard time getting on her little feet - so one morning when she was watching Papa Thom put on his shoes with his shoe horn, she ran to get her slippers and sure enough we got them on. Soooo cute. Abbie had brought some lip gloss that her mom had put in time out before she left - so one morning Abbie asked if her "lipstick was still in time out". In putting Vaseline on Papa Thom's feet one morning, Abbie asked for some, and when I told her I didn't think she needed any - she said, "well, Mama Thom, I have feet too". The frozen chocolate chip cookies were a hit for all the grandchildren, and very easy for me. I really take the easy way out when the grandkids are here, don't want them to "get hurt on my watch"; so I do not do anything but play and watch them.

Paul, Laura and the kids came up the latter part of July for a few days. It sure was great to see them and do things with them. We took in the Pioneer Day Parade and they all enjoyed that. We had 2 pools in the backyard, one for the little ones and one for the bigger kids, which included me some times. They loved getting me wet. Seth enjoyed collecting bugs on the back patio. Isabelle and Cooper enjoyed running thru the sprinklers and playing ball. We sure did enjoy having them here.

No comments: